Raufarhóll ehf’s environmental policy is to continually work on improvements with the aim of minimizing its detrimental impact on the environment.
This is done by following these guidelines:
- Complying with environmental laws and regulations and ensuring that employees are aware of the importance of protecting the environment in their actions.
- Sort all waste incurred and minimize the use of operational and office products (both in the office and at all establishments).
- Use as many environmentally friendly materials and consumables and as much environmentally friendly packaging as possible.
- Ensure that pesticides or toxins are not used.
- Ensure that emissions from vehicles attending our services are minimal and that cars are not left idling unnecessarily.
- Heighten the environmental awareness of all employees through regular training and information.
- Ensure that personnel are aware of and know how to respond to emergencies.
- When possible, select service providers or suppliers with a recognized environmental management system.
- Have active contingency plans that are in constant review.
- Record all pollution accidents and mishaps that occur in the business. Fulfill the obligation to report to the public regarding environmental issues.
Raufarhóll ehf’s managing director is the person responsible for seeing that the guidelines set forth in the above environmental policy are followed.
Thank you for purchasing our Lava Tunnel Tour.
Thank you for showing interest in The Lava Tunnel.